Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

1995 JCB 4x4 Backhoe Loader 215 series 2 is getting coolant…

Customer Question
1995 JCB 4x4 Backhoe...

1995 JCB 4x4 Backhoe Loader 215 series 2 is getting coolant into transmission. Is there an intercooler for transmission and is it a big deal to change out and ballpark figure for repair?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

This is only info I have. Machine is up for auction and runs, tranny engages but in description it says coolant getting into tranny.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just don't want to bid on it if this is a major catastrophe. Otherwise, machine seems real tight, been maintained and doesn't have any significant leaks.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/11/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Do they have the SN posted? If so please post it for me

The full parts catalog is accessible by clicking below to view options and breakdowns

Parts

As you can see it is best to enter the serial number to see what this machine has for options and to access the proper parts manual. This will be able to show a transmission oil cooler and its parts breakdown if equipped. Let me know

Dan, Technician