Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My Volvo l70c will not steer and does not steer will move in…

Customer Question
Good Morning my Volvo l70c...
Good Morning my Volvo l70c will not steer and does not steer will move in forward and rev it has been sitting for about 1 yr previous owners had drained hydraulic fluid from system
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/9/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi ,My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, bare with me while I review your information. Im not an employee of the site but I help on here as time allows in between jobs. Response time will vary depending on my work load , etc each day.

Check the hydraulic filter for fine metal/debris that would flag a component failure occurring. If clean the next step is to have your pressures tested. All other functions working? Check the steering cylinders for bypassing internally in the seals or a problem with the steering valve itself if confirmed supply oil and pressure is good. Let me know.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits mytime helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 starand bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

No hydraulic function sorry it was suppose to say that at the beginning no brake pressure no lift no tilt that is why I said I don't think the central valve is opening

Check the hydraulic filter for fine metal indicating a main pump failure.... Also inspect the relief valve cartridge in the main control valve for debris, damaged o rings, or other damage causing a bypass of pressure. Let me know

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 6 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Wish you and yours a great holidays. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.

I have checked my filter found no metal particles I did find what looks like plastic or hard rubber pieces

That sounds like possible seal or o ring material. Check to see if any of that is causing the control valve spools to stick, etc.