Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Curtis I have and issue with a Mustang 2040 that my son just…

Customer Question
Hi Curtis I have...

Hi Curtis I have and issue with a Mustang 2040 that my son just bought , we are having problem getting the machine to neutralize while starting then wanting to move without touching the controls

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I dont have it on hand at present

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that is the major problem at present thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/9/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

To get the unit to neutralize, remove the linkage at the drive pump levers, crank unit, and the drive pumps should go to neutral, Then adjust the linkage to match.

Thanks Curtis I'll give that a try

OK>