Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have an X500 Deere. I am installing my 48" Snow blade.

Customer Question
I have an X500...

I have an X500 John Deere. I am installing my 48" Snow blade. When I pull back on the foot lift pedal, it will not stay locked in the pulled back position. I doesn't appear to be going all the way back to the point where it should lock. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I have an X500 John Deere. I am installing my 48" Snow blade. I am supposed to pull back on the foot lift pedal to lock it in the lowered position. When I pull back and set the lock lever, the foot pedal snaps back to it's original position. Is this supposed to happen?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/8/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

If you hold down on the release lever for the pedal, will it latch? The pedal is spring loaded, so if it will not latch, it returns to the top. I assume you have the Owners manual, showing the release and procedure. Here is link to the manual if you need it.

I see the question is still open, did you get it going?