Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

1996 8K 42 lull telehandler transmission will not Ingage…

Customer Question
1996 8K 42 lull telehandler...
1996 8K 42 lull telehandler transmission will not Ingage after machine warms up when cold shifts great forward and reverse acts like brake lock won't release when warmed up
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
12/9/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Gary, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed. Check the oil level and condition. Look for metal/debris in the oil and filter as well as discoloration or burnt smell that would indicate an internal failure or problem requiring disassembly and rebuild/repair. If clean have the pressures tested and confirmed they are within OEM specs. Let me know the serial number if we need to dig deeper into this.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. We get credit on positive ratings and accepted answers.5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated. Wish you and yours a great holidays. It's been a pleasure working with you on this.

Dan, Technician