Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a takeuchi tl 130 starts runs 5 seconds and shuts…

Customer Question
I have a takeuchi...

I have a takeuchi tl 130 starts runs 5 seconds and shuts down this has happened befor and I had a mechanic out . He cleaned a filter possibly a separator . when it happened at job site I got it loaded by swittch ing the key quickly. naturally it then decided to runwhen I went to unload it. died a few days later

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I will get that but it will take me 10

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Model TL 130 serial 21302021

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/4/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Does the fuel solenoid have battery voltage to it with the key on? Fuel solenoid has two coils in it, one that engages with the starter, and the other, that has to hold the solenoid when the engine runs. The smaller of the two coils is the hold coil and should always have voltage, If it has voltage and does not hold, the fuel solenoid is bad.

I will try to locate the coils and check be back shortly

The coils are in the fuel shutoff solenoid!

I tried to get this switched to phone but I guess I am too computer stupid. Where is the solenoid located. I do know the pump in functioning when key is turned on and have flow through the separator
where is the solenoid lodated

The typical solenoid is mounted on the left end of the injection pump.

I believe I found it. When I pulled the connection apart I have no power. With the Key switch in the on position I have power at the red wire with black ground and nothing at the white wire in the on position or the crank position but it starts for 3 seconds

Three wires, one is neutral, the other is powered at all times the key is on, the other is powered only when the starter is engaged.

getting no power at white lead when cranking.

Trace back to relays, and see if the fuel solenoid relay is good.

I see the question is still open, please use the 5-star rating system to close the question and get me credit! Thanks.