Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My 2014 yanmar/gehl t175 will not start. I dont have serial…

Customer Question
My 2014 yanmar/gehl t175...

My 2014 yanmar/gehl t175 will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I dont have serial number available right now it is a yanmar t175 track skid steer turn key on no dusplay on lcd pre-heat light comes on and stays on, when i try to start it does nothing no atarter or anything it does this from time to time and then the next day it will.work fine its something electrical i just dont kmow what

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, i was typing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/3/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi It is Dan. Did you get this resolved? If not I will be glad to try to help. Let me know and we can follow up as needed on here.

No i didnt, its weird started right this morning ran great. Used it for about an hour before parking it. Checked it about hour later no problem. Tried it about 4 hours later and no display, no ligjts other than pre-heat light and wont turn over or start.

Thanks for the update. For this problem start by having the battery tested for internal problems such as bad cells, weak CCA, etc. If okay verify the cables and terminal connections are clean, tight and free from corrosion and damage including all grounds. Poor grounds can cause similar symptoms. Inspect the ignition circuit and wiring for corrosion and damage in the connector pins and wiring. Test for power in and out of the ignition switch in each switch position for a possible faulty switch and test the fuses and relays as well. Let me know. We can follow up as needed on here.

Battery is new, conections are clean and tight. No damage to wires or ground. If i let it sit overnight its fine. The display and all warning lights should light up when key turned. When they do it starts. But intermittently after use and sitting for a couple hours. When key is turned tje is no display and no warning lights other than pre-heat light and it wont start. Something is keeping the display from lighting and allowing the switch to send power to the starter and ignition. Do you have experience with this particular machine? It is joystick not a basic foot control machine
If i let it sit overnight it display lights of and it starta right up.