Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Working on a volvo L120c 97-99 model??. bucket hydraulics…

Customer Question
Working on a volvo...

Working on a volvo L120c 97-99 model??. bucket hydraulics slow on all functions,Have changed main vane pump. Maybe issue with pilot valve control. but i do not have schematic to pin point. Steering and brakes hydraulic function all working fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual?

The manual we have doesn't have hydraulic schematic in it or any info on pilot control.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Pilot?

97-99

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have checked pressure reducers but l don't have gauges to suit volvo test points

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thats fine

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 2 days by:
12/5/2017
Mechanic: dieseldan55, Mechanic replied 8 months ago
dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic

I agree with you its possibly a low pilot pressure. You will need to check the pressure either removing the fitting on the block or tapping into one of the control lines from the servo valve. Also the check the quick attachment valve block under the right side of cab for debri.

servo pressure should be about 500 psi, I have had issue with the silver block for the servo and raised servo pressure in the past and suggest looking there. It vital to check the pressure first so you know what your starting pressure is and thus the failure point.

Since your servo is derived from the brake pump, Is your brake pressure okay? I'm sending the schematics to assist, Thanks