Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Regarding Genie GTH-5519 Telehandler Braking System. I have…

Customer Question
Regarding Genie GTH-5519 Telehandler Braking...
Regarding Genie GTH-5519 Telehandler Braking System. Hello, I have a 5519 Telehandler and I have been having consistent issues with the braking system. I can not figure out if it is the parking or service brake or both. Following the service manual I bled the service brake but I was unable to test the TP5 port for the parking brake pressure. My field crew has been having to bleed the brakes constantly to release the brake so the machine can move. It will slowly become worse till the machine will not move. After bleeding it will let go. I understand that it is a parking brake that releases with pressure. I released the parking brake after starting the machine. I then opened the bleed screw. Only a steady low pressure stream of oil came out. I am wondering if there is a possible low pressure issue in that valve? I would think that the 300 psi that is supposed to be seen during testing would be more of a violent release of pressure,
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/1/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Has the service brake valve been checked? The brake valve may not be returning full travel, keeping a slight amount of pressure on the brake pack.