Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Case 580K backhoe and the boom pivot pin started to…

I have a Case...

I have a Case 580K backhoe and the boom pivot pin started to slide out. Is there a pin retainer for this.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It is a 1988 Case 580 K Sn# ***** a 4X4 unit

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

The breaks with the former owner

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

It seems like there should be a retainer for the boom pivot pin.

11/26/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

The pin has a bolt to retain it, check the parts link below.

Help me with this, the pivot pin from boom cylinder to swing tower looks to be nearly 3 + inches in diameter and I cannot ID it in the drawing. could you give me its number from the drawing please. Thank you.

Boom cylinder pin is not shown in picture, just the pivot. I can find it for you.

Will this work?

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Thank You Curtis !! now to align holes of pivot pin and hole in boom. thanks

Thanks!