Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

1961 B60 motor wont big end main bearing tensions valve

Customer Question
1961 B60 motor wont...

1961 B60 motor wont big end main bearing tensions valve clearences

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

B60 BS 2 701_01352

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are ready to reassemble

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/26/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

please send tensions main and big end bearings and head valve clearances

I have to ask, what is this? B60 does not show as a model. BS would make me think Briggs and /Stratton, but Briggs does not show a B60.??

B60 Mack, let's see if we can find a Mack expert!

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help on this. They had around 10 different engines used in these trucks. So you have the B60 gasoline engine in yours? Do you have any numbers from the engine by chance?

B20 EN291291 cu in (4.8 L)G I6107 hp (80 kW)@2800232 lbf·ft (315 N·m)@1400

B30 EN331331 cu in (5.4 L)G I6122 hp (91 kW)@2800264 lbf·ft (358 N·m)@1400

B4X EN414413 cu in (6.8 L)G V8214 hp (160 kW)@4000

END 673672 cu in (11.0 L)D I6

B53 END673

B6X EN540540 cu in (8.8 L)G I6185 hp (138 kW)@2400445 lbf·ft (603 N·m)@1300

END T673672 cu in (11.0 L)TD I6

END 864864 cu in (14.2 L)D V8

B7X EN707707 cu in (11.6 L)G I6205 hp (153 kW)@2100615 lbf·ft (834 N·m)@1200

NTC 335855 cu in (14.0 L)TD I6335 hp (250 kW)@2100

B8X EN707

NTC335

(Type: G=gasoline, D=diesel, TD=turbocharged diesel)[4]

Above are the engine options. Which one do you have?

Hi, Did you get this resolved? I posted the list of the Mack truck engine models throughout that time. Check your engine tag and let me know which one you have so you get the correct information for your engine.