Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Kubota m125x. runs for a while then looses power…

Customer Question
I have a Kubota...

I have a Kubota m125x. runs for a while then looses power and dies

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Where do I find that

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked water separater no water. I was told this tractor has a electric furl pump on it. tractor started this morning ran for 30 seconds died and will not start. had problems all summer with low power and boring. changed all filters several times

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Is anyone here

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't know anymore. I think it is a fuel issue but have no manuals dealer I bought it from is no help.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/25/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 7 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Tractor has no electric fuel pump, only has the primer pump, mounted on the injection pump. I would check the flow from the tank, to the primer pump. Any restriction in the tank, to the fuel pump, will cause low power and if plugged, no fuel to the fuel injection pump.

what do you suggest I do to check for blockage. tractor will not start now

Loosen the line from the tank, and see if you have flow, then move pat the filter and check, then use the primer pump on the injection pump, to see if it is priming and no air is present when you open bleed screw on the injection pump. If you have fuel to the injection pump, the fuel shutoff solenoid may not be opening.