Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My Komatsu D85a-12 transmission cuts out when travelling…

Customer Question
My Komatsu D85a-12 transmission...

My Komatsu D85a-12 transmission cuts out when travelling uphill. It is like it is in neutral. If I turn the dozer around it will back up the hills just fine with no issues. I have checked all of the hoses and fittings and all seem good. Could it be that the transmission pump is failing? Thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am also having an issue with the steering clutches. When I pull the levers the dozer will hardly turn, when not under load. But if I step on the pedals and pull the lever the dozer turns instantly

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
11/26/2017
Mechanic: Jeremy, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

I don’t normally work on these, but I can try to assist you where I can. Did you still need assistance with this? Or do you prefer to work with a tech that knows the equipment better?

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy