Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I also have a bobcat code e000097-31. Any idea what this is?

Customer Question
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
My bobcat 2015 t550 with 200hrs will run for 30 minutes fine but then powers down and will only crawl and the yellow light bulb flashes that 97-31 code.
11/24/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** you still need help with this? If so let me know your serial number and we can follow up as needed.

Ajzv12356

Thanks for the update. Will this reset and continue doing this each time cutting back or derating the power? Check to see if it will properly regen or if there is an emissions problem with the DPF, etc. Let me know. We can follow up as needed.

it will keep doing it about every 30 minutes. Most time I shut it off and let it cool down but in have let it run to see if the power would come back and it eventually did. The website says the tier 4 engine does not have a dpf.

That fault is not showing in my list here. I can look into this on Monday if you like and if that is not too long of a wait. Let me know

please

That fault is for Water in Fuel sensor. Drain the fuel water separator which should be done weekly especially in freezing temps to avoid freezups. With the engine warm, drain the separator bowl. The sensor is in the bottom of the fuel bowl with the electrical connector to it. Try draining first and see if that corrects the problem. If not, check the wiring to the sensor and if okay replace the sensor.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Where is this located? I can’t find It. This thing is so frustrating, there is not shit on the internet about bobcats

There should be a fuel water separator bowl/element with a sensor in the bottom with wires going to it. You can access parts manuals online at bobcat. com for diagrams to help.

I found it. It’s draining now but there is we just a little bit of water that came out. Not much at all

Click below

Parts

If that doesnt correct it the sensor could be faulty or the wiring.

Just drained it and tighten it back up. Disconnected sensor wiped clean and put back. About to start it and see what it does
Still doing the same thing.

Check the wiring between the sensor and ECM for corrosion or damage. If okay replace the sensor if not water found in the fuel. And the absolute last possible cause is software related requiring dealer programming and updating.

Dan, Technician