Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Installed two new boom cly. Installed two new boom cylinders…

Customer Question
Installed two new boom...

Installed two new boom cly

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Installed two new boom cylinders had problem drifting down now goes up but not down John Deere 270d Lc. Has only 3739 hrs changed all hyd oil and filters

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Having problem 270d Lc booms up but will not return down had problem drifting down installed two new cylinders

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ff270dx703802

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/22/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Give me a moment to review your question.

If the cylinders are new the problem is in the control valve. Inspect the control valve for debris and sticking spools. Also check for damaged o rings in the relief valve cartridges in the valves. Click on this link to access the parts manual online. Type model and then use the sectional index. This will help with component breakdowns, locations, and part numbers. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper. We can follow up as needed.

Parts

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.