Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My John Deere ct332 will start but kills right away and seat…

Customer Question
My John Deere ct332...

My John Deere ct332 will start but kills right away and seat light comes on on consol

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I have tested seat switch and seatbelt switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also fuses

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/22/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Are you getting any fault codes or warning indicators? We can follow up as needed on here.

The seat light comes on and machine kills as soon as it starts
It also says lock a in the consol
After it starts and dies

Check the seat switch and wiring as it could be shutting down for a safety switch problem

I checked the seat switch and seatbelt switch and both seem to be working fine

Also test all fuses and check the relays.... test power to the fuel shutoff solenoid as you could have power to it but the solenoid could be faulty and still kicking out. It is known to happen on these machines. Let me know. We can follow up as needed here

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Where is fuel shut off solenoid located

At the fuel injection pump

One second.... do you have the manual throttle lever with the cable to control throttle and shut it off or does it shut off with the key?

Shuts off with the key and I followed fuel lines injectors or under vauvle cover

This engine is a bit different than the others. There is a control lever and governor assembly on the upper right of the front timing cover.... some use a cable or a shut off solenoid there and other have an electronic governor control on the RH side of the engine block. Looks like a round cylinder metal with a plastic cover. If you have this one that elec control shuts it down or you have the shutoff at the top right front timing cover. Let me know

This engine has separate pumps for each cylinder with a control rack. They are synchronized together with special tooling. the rack is what controls shutdown

I can’t find it I traced all fuel lines will it be in the back of machine or in front
What ever is causing seat light to come kills engine and switch turns light off so I believe something is telling it to shut off fuel
Which when shuts off causes seat light to come on

Click on this link for access to the full parts diagrams to assist in itentifying parts locations and numbers.

Parts

Type the model, then use the sectional index to maneuver around.

Check the seat switch, Lap bar switch and wiring for damage or problems as well.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.