Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Catmastertech 316F SN FB600184 has falt codes 268-2 2348-9…

Customer Question
catmastertech 316F SN FB600184 has...
catmastertech 316F SN FB600184 has falt codes 268-2 2348-9 1558-9 what can you tell me do i have a CAN DATA link issue
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/20/2017
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 7 months ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

I will look up those codes now, please standby.

268-2 Programmed Parameter Fault: Data Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect Parameter - Test

2348-9 SAE J1939 Data Link #2: Abnormal Update Rate CAN Data Link - Test

1558-9 Electronic Implement Control #2: Abnormal Update Rate CAN Data Link - Test

Looks like you have ECMs not communicating. Are all of them reporting on ET?

Possible causes of the 268 FMI 2 diagnostic code are:

• The sales model and product identification need programming.

• The Machine ECM has been configured with a parameter that requires an Implement or Auxiliary ECM which is not currently configured or installed on the machine.

• The ECM is incorrect.

Note: The correct sales model and product identification must be programmed when new software is flashed to the ECM.

All the attachments for the machine are configured in the ECM. The ECM activates the 268-2 diagnostic code when an attachment is configured incorrectly.

Machine ECM

The following is a list of Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) that are associated with the Controller Area Network (CAN) data link of the machine.

Table 1

Machine ECM (MID 299)

DTC Code Description System Response

247-9 SAE J1939 Data Link: Abnormal update rate Machine components that directly communicate on this link will be unavailable. (See machine schematic.)

590-14 Engine Control Module: Special Instruction Some machine and engine-related functions may not work properly.

1558-9 Electronic Implement Control #2: Abnormal Update Rate Attachment features will not work.

1960-9 Ignition Key Reader: Abnormal Update Rate Machine ECM has lost communication with the MSS key reader.

2300-9 Switch Panel: Abnormal Update Rate Machine components that directly communicate on this link will be unavailable. (See machine schematic.)

2348-9 SAE J1939 Data Link #2: Abnormal Update Rate Machine components that directly communicate on this link will be unavailable. (See machine schematic.)

Possible causes for an FMI 9 Diagnostic code are:

• The ECM has failed.

• An ECM software problem.

• A short circuit to ground or to another circuit.

• An open or a poor connection in the CAN Data Link circuits near the ECM.

• One of the ECMs or smart devices has failed. This condition is unlikely.

Possible causes for an FMI 14 Diagnostic code are:

• A fuse for one of the ECM modules may have failed.

• The software is incorrect or incompatible for one of the modules within the data link.

• The machine harness has failed.

• One of the ECM modules in the data link has failed.
321C witth 3066 stalls when boom is held over to releaf SNmcf00334 no codes active or logged rith pump prss is 500 psi left is4000

What happened to the 316F? Were my answers helpful? Do you need further help on that question?

Please keep questions to limited to one machine. It gets really confusing trying to answer when they are mixed.

If you want to limit the question to me, just post it with the beginning, For CATMASTERTECH, usually others will not touch it for a few hours but, may try to help you after a certain time has passed. You can still ask them to OPT-OUT and wait for me to pick it up if you prefer.

316 was good

Great, can we close that one and create a new question for the 321C?

Please take a moment to provide a rating for my answers and that will close out the question.

i did make a new one for the 321

Thank you.

Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 6 months ago

Sorry, I forgot to close this question.

You should be able to rate my answers now.

Thanks,

CATMASTERTECH

See if you can rate this answer now.

Thanks,