Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I just bought an '08 ct322. Tried several times to start it…

Customer Question
I just bought an...

I just bought an '08 ct322. Tried several times to start it and it fires, runs 3-4 seconds and shuts down. Getting codes 985, 9D5 and 974. Travelled 10+ hours with it backwards on the trailer yesterday and was covered in ice and snow. Have it inside and has thawed out pretty good now. Wondering if that's the root of the problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

John Deere Ct 322. 2008. I'll have to find the serial. Where do o check and does it need to be complete?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't believe so

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/20/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** me some time to pull these codes up

F9D5 = Coolant Temperature Sensor @ 5 volts or greater (Overheat condition) F985 = Hydraulic Temperature Sensor 5 volts or greater (Overheat condition). If you have corrected the overheating problem or no overheating problem exists then you will need to check the wiring harness for problems or damage.

F974 this means that the alternator voltage is out of range high. Have the alternator tested for internal problems.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Hi, I see this is still open, Please take the time to rate to close. I took the time to help you, please return the favor by rating my answer or responding for more help.