Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

416 series2 Cat backhoe loader 1990. The Backhoe starts but…

Customer Question
416 series2 Cat backhoe...

416 series2 Cat backhoe loader 1990

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

The Backhoe starts but when you put it in gear it wont move.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes this has been sitting idle for 6years so I changed oil filters and drained the oil and replaced with new oil and filter for the transmission. Could there be a screen in the transmission plugged ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes can't find the location of the screen.and magnets.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/19/2017
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 5 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will be assisting you with this issue today

what you are describing is the clutches are frozen

you will need to open the trans and free them up

I hope this helps you

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Morning

Just following up with you

did my answer help you ??

Please remember to rate my answer

or the money you paid stays at JA

and I get nothing for my time

Wayne, Journeyman