Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

MY SKID STEER WONT START. CAT 262 C SKID STEER. IT WAS

Customer Question
MY SKID STEER WONT...

MY SKID STEER WONT START

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

CAT 262 C SKID STEER

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES IT WAS RUNNIN FINE. THEN OUT OF NO WHERE IT SHUT OFF.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

IT WONT TURN OVER NOW BATTERY GOOD, ARM REST SENSOR GOOD

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/19/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Is the panel and accessories powering up?

Check all fuses for power on both sides with the key on. Let me know if there are any warning indicators or alarms as this is a single ECM machine and everything runs through the ECM on this machine. Do you have Cat ET access or the optional digital display panel to access fault codes?

Check for ignition and ECM power as if power is lost to the IGN circuit or ECM the machine wont run. Test your battery and connections as well. We can follow up as needed. Let me know if you need more help.

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

We have a "!" With the yellow triangle around it and the sound alarm beeping. Battery is charged and on the charger while working on it. We don't have a information panel on the top right side it is missing.We don't know where we can but the software to pull codes. If we could buy it we would.

There are some vendors on the web and on e bay, Etc that sell the communication adapters and the Cat ET software. Some you can get already installed on a laptop.

Hi, I see this is still open, Please take the time to rate to close. I took the time to help you, please return the favor by rating my answer or responding for more help.