Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

125 g dresser locks in reverse, no problem with ,or final…

Customer Question
125 g dresser locks...

125 g dresser locks in reverse , no problem with rearend ,or final drive , forward ranges work fine . with differential open, when going in reverse, will lock up when going to neutral it will go forward when placed in neutral range. This is me with machine blocked up and just the transmission alone turning, what could possibly be the problem? This transmission was rebuilt by Power Equipment company in Knoxville Tennessee, taken in for this problem, it worked good for nearly a year then started the same thing, after spending $10,000 and no fix

Mechanic's Assistant: OK. Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything at the moment

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/11/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check inside the filter/screen and oil for fine metal/debris that would flag an internal failure occurring. If found further disassembly. troubleshooting and inspection will need to be done. If clean you will need to test the pressures and check when the issue is present,

I should have added filter had no signs of metal or any debris, also the pressure was good.
Before all troubleshooting, when running the machine in reverse, at any range on the shifter selector, the machine would lockdown, just like somebody slammed on the brakes, when placed in neutral machine with free travel. As I stated before oh, this transmission has been rebuilt, it also had to be taken back for the same issue, 4 to 5 times , before the problem was resolved and there was no answer in what was done to fix the problem, miraculously started working.
Thanks for your response but it's does not answer my problem.