Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Thank you for your advice on my 416C SN 5YN4887, Just to be…

Customer Question
Thank you for your advice...
Thank you for your advice on my 416C SN 5YN4887 hoe, Just to be clear if there is no power going to the shuttle shifter on the trans it wont kick in to the neutral mode? I used to be able to mess with the switches and I could keep moving back and forth but currently it only moves in reverse! Thx. Brent
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/10/2017
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 8 months ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

If you only have reverse, you have a different problem.

The neutralizer switches disconnect both directions.

You may have damage to a wire to the forward solenoid or a bad solenoid.

Remove the coils and swap them with each other to see if the problem moves with the coils. If so, you have a bad coil.

You can also check the voltage on each coil to see if it is equal or use a screwdriver tip and touch the end of the coil to see if it is magnetized when that direction is engaged.

The power flow to your shuttle shifter control is from the fuse through both neutralizer switches and then to the shifter control.

Was this to continue the previous question or did you need further assistance.

If you did not mean to create a new question, you can contact customer service so you will not be billed for another question posting.

Please let me know if I can help you.

Thanks, CATAMASTERTECH