Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a new HOLLAND LX885 I need to remove injector pump…

Customer Question
I have a new...

I have a new HOLLAND LX885 I need to remove injector pump what is the procedure

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

LX885 sn#115533

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I tryed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the industrial mechanic to know before I connect you?

I tryed TDC Aline’s riming Mark but on the pump gear drive there r no marking

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
On the pump drive is there a key way to align the gear drive and pump?Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.That ok
11/7/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Please grab the engine model and serial number from the engine tag so I can be sure you get the correct info for your engine. We can follow up as needed

332T/JFK791722, 8F16. 87801409. LX885 SN#115533On the fuel pump to gear drive is there a key way to align gear to pump?

This should be the shimmed injection pump on a 332T. Click below.

Pump timing

Let me know if you need more help

I don’t uderstand what is a shimed injector pump? Let me try this again what is the procedure to remove injector pump?

Did you click on the link "Pump timing" in blue above?

I click the link my injector pump doesn’t have shimmed. It has a o-ring to seal it and three nuts to hold in place. I’m the front of timing cover there is a six inch cover with about six bolts when u remove cover to excess injector pump drive gear to remove the gear there’s a nut once u remove nut u need a puller to remove the gear for injector pump shaft. My question is on the injector pump shaft and the gear is there a key way that align the gear injector pump shaft?

Thanks for the update. Click below for your instructions and parts breakdown.

Injection pump service

Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Again my injection pump dont connect like that and u don’t adjust timing like that

The parts breakdown is right from the New holland parts manual for your machine in the last link I sent and this machine has a DPA pump... I see what happened... there are two procedures for the DPA and I gave you the other... Yours is the same for Case, cummins, etc. click below

Timing

Sorry for the confusion, I clicked on the other DPA instructions by mistake in my files. Click on the timing link above. Let me know if I can be of more help

This is for cumming/case similar but not Lx885 newholland sn#115533, engine#332T/JFK791722,8F16,87801409. I asked a specific question is there a key to align injector shaft to gear drive yes or no? What is the procedure to remove injector pump?
I click the injector link u sent similar but not the same. On mind there is no top dead center pin.on the timing cover on my machine there is an 8” diameter cover w/8 bolts remove cover u can see the injector driver gear to align timing Marks’s

On yours you should see timing marks on the front balancer/pulley. You want to get this on #1 TDC on the pointer/timing mark so the rocker arms on #1 are both loose and the timing marks are lined up. Then you will scribe with a tool a mark on the pump mounting to the timing cover so when you go back it is in the same position for the correct degrees.

What about align timing marks on injector pump gear?

Before anything is removed and the front access cover is off mark the gear teeth to keep that also in the same position as this will put you back in the same degree position before TDC as it is now.

When on #1 TDC all marks should be lined up.

Do u know if the injector pump gear has has a key to align gear in place?

It is not showing one in the breakdown. In either case when a pump is rebuilt it gets pinned and set up on #1TDC and when you mark the gear and housing position you install in the same position. There is an emission and non emission version for this model. Click below

Pump (emission)

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.