Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a JD544H loader that won't lift the bucket. Without…

Customer Question
I have a JD544H...

I have a JD544H loader that won't lift the bucket. Without the bucket it goes up and down just fine. I had a JD mechanic test the hyd. pump and he said that it needed to be replaced but couldn't explain why it worked fine without the bucket on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

John Deere 544H s#DW544HX583111

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

The brake light is now coming on when trying to operate the bucket

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
11/7/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Did he explain what the hydraulic pressure was? Does the boom work, just not the bucket? If either function works, hydraulic pump should work! You say brake light comes on? Is this the light that comes on when the de-clutch is used? De-clutch switch may be stuck on brake.

I see question is still open, did you find problem?