Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

How are you when did catipilar stop making d5m.xl. It's a…

Hi how are you...

Hi how are you when did catipilar stop making d5m.xl

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

It's a D5M don't have serial no all o want to know when Catipplilar stoped making them

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Looking to buy

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

They say it's a 2009

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
The first photo wrong

My ph no is *********************

Or I can call you if that is more cost effective
10/28/2017
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 5 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

The D5M was built from 1996 to 2003.

The D5N was built from 2003 to 2007.

This can vary some based on custom machines built for special uses or other countries.

Most of my data covers US and EU markets by other countries could be slightly different.

2009 seems a little odd. If you can get the complete serial number I might find more information about this machine.

The picture you posted is definitely a D5M. It has the squared nose and fenders were as N models have a more rounded appearance.

Also, the M does not have any ECM on the engine and has mechanical hydraulic controls. The N has an ECM engine and pilot joystick hydraulic controls and most N models also include differential steering.

If you need more details, please post the serial number and I will be glad to help.

Thanks I am heading over seas tommorow and will make contact nect week with serial no

Ok, thanks. Please note this question will go dead in a few days.

The links may still work but, it will not be on the top of my list and I may not see it right away.

I can still answer and help you further even after rating my answers. You will get an automated reply about ratings, which you can do at any time.

Once you get the serial number, just post it back to this same chat and I will reply as soon as I can.

By the way, I noticed that cab does not appear to be a US or Japan factory cab and the ROPS frame is missing. This machine would not be considered safe for operation here or by any safety regulating group.

The first image you posted with the machine that has the number AGG349 is a D5N and that is the correct serial number for an N model.

M model serial numbers begin with 3CR, 3DR, 4BR, 4JS, 5ES, 5FS, 6AS, 6GN, or 7LR.

All good will come back to you with serial no and may be a few hood questions. Happy with service

Thanks, ***** ***** be glad to help.

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

I have received your information. Based on that transmission serial number and assuming it is the original part, this machine is a Japan Market tractor. It is not built to US standards and that limits some of the information I can find. Below are the details I did find for it and I hope it is helpful for you.

D5M TRACK-TYPE TRACTOR

Machine Serial Number - 7LR00256 (Build Date - 11/02/1998)

Arrangement No:(###) ###-####/p>

Mfg Model: D5M

Mktg Model Year: 1998

Prod Family: MT Medium Track Type Tractors

Sims Prod Family: 04 Track Type Tractors

Source Facility: 66 Caterpillar Japan Llc

Principle Work: 340 Port/Stevedore/Bulk Handling

Build Date: 11Feb1998

Factory Ship Date: Not Applicable

Dealer/Invoiced Ship Date: 19Feb1998

Sales Date: 31Mar1998

Delivery Date: None

Selling Dlr: W505

Owner Cls: 1

ATTACHMENT SERIAL NUMBERS

1CK13679 ENGINE

2PY00756 TRANSMISSION & DRIVE LINE

Thanks alot goid work I am going back Monday to check a fee more details eill get back to you thanks a lot ��

Here are more details from http://www.ironrecord.com/ LINK TO>> http://www.ironrecord.com/

Retail

Low: $ 41,000Average: $ 58,000High: $ 80,000

Auction

Low: $ 36,000Average: $ 45,000High: $ 63,000

Weight (Pounds) Height Length Width

28,880 10'1 2'2" 9' 1"

Glad I could help,

CATMASTERTECH

Thks for good answers. I now have the frame serial no. I will add by attachment . Are you able to get any service history from serial numbers? I have paid a deposit it looks like a true fraud by seller altering model numbers and new vin numbers that I believe dose not relate to the frame number. Ad what you suggested I scrap of the paint. Regards John
Very happy with your service

Here are the details for this serial number.

This tractor was made for the US market and originally had the US style cab and ROPS.

Inquiry Serial Number: 5ES01226

Inquiry Serial Number Desc: D5m Xl Ftc Tractor MA 1

Inquiry Product Ref.No/Arr.No:(###) ###-####/p>

Selling Dealer: B170

Serial Number Reference Number or SMCS Code Description Category Install Indicator Install Date

5ES01226(###) ###-####D5M XL FTC TRACTOR MA 1 None

1CK16408 1000 ENGINE Factory None

8MY02120 3000 TRANSMISSION & DRIVELINE Factory None

5ES01226(###) ###-####5VPAT XL BULLDOZER, COMPLETE Factory None

5ES01226(###) ###-####D5M PS XL FTC TRACTOR Factory None

5ES01226(###) ###-####HYDRAULICS, 4 VALVE Factory None

5ES01226(###) ###-####AIR CONDITIONER Factory None

5ES01226(###) ###-####CAB, ROPS Factory None

5ES01226(###) ###-####COVER, CONSOLE, RIPPER Factory None

5ES01226 4Y3298 PLATE, NEW MACHINE CERTIFICATEFactory None

5ES01226 8R8714 BATTERY, HEAVY DUTY Factory None

5ES01226(###) ###-####STARTING AID, ETHER Factory None

5ES01226(###) ###-####LIGHT, SIX, CAB MOUNTED Factory None

It was sold by the CAT Dealer, Foley, Incorporated

Dealer Code: B170

Legal Name: Foley, Incorporated

Active Agreements: Yes

Phone Number:(###) ###-####/p>

Mailing Address: Po Box 1555

Piscataway NJ###-##-####/p>

Site Address:*****/p>

Piscataway NJ###-##-####/p>

The build dates and details are,

5ES01226

Arrangement No:(###) ###-####/p>

Mfg Model: D5M

Mktg Model Year: 2001

Prod Family: MT Medium Track-Type Tractors

Sims Prod Family: 04 Track-Type Tractors

Principle Work: 240 Building Residential

Build Date: 23 May 2001

Factory Ship Date: Not Applicable

Dealer/Invoiced Ship Date: 29Jun2001

Sales Date: 10Nov2001

Delivery Date: 10Nov2001

Selling Dlr: B170

Owner Cls: 1

It only had one Warranty claim reported in its CAT service history.

If any other history is available, it would only be with the dealer or company that serviced it.

It was done on 13 Dec 2002 at 527 hours and was just a Product Support Program update.

The customer was a New Jersey Construction company and they received this unit on 13 Nov 2001.

Glad I could help. Thanks for using JustAnswer.

CATMASTERTECH