Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

2012 Gehl Model 3640 Skid Steer stops suddenly. Hydraulics…

Customer Question
2012 Gehl Model 3640...

2012 Gehl Model 3640 Skid Steer stops suddenly. Hydraulics work, but it will not move. Have already replaced the restraint bar switch. What could be causing this issue?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model 3640E, Serial Number 03640A00004320

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I am fixing it myself. I have purchased a Service Manual, but because the Skid Steer will not move, my options are limited.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

I was thinking that the next step should be to check relays. Your advice please.

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
10/21/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

No indication that the seat belt or restraint system is still on? That would keep the hydrostat pumps from pumping to the motors, bypassing the fluid to the tank.