Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 660 Timberjack skidder grapple on bucket will ñot…

I have a 660...

I have a 660 Timberjack skidder grapple on bucket will ñot open and close. It goes up and down and around but not open. Happened all at once.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

10EC1088. 660 series skidder

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mashed on button to operate. On shifter. Works can hear clicking noise but not close. Got closed once then opened by itself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Guess not

10/20/2017
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check the wiring and connector pins for the grapple switch and to the solenoid valve for that function. Test continuity in the switch and the circuit for any shorts or open circuits( broken wires/connections) causing the loss of that function. Verify power to the solenoid for the grapple function and if there is power there, check for a failed solenoid or problem in the control valve. Test all fuses and check the relays as well. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this.

I am trying to contact my husband now with this info he is on work site with machine. I will let you know as soon as I talk to him.

Pleasure to help. We can follow up as needed.

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Dan, Technician