Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I have a 279C 2004 would not operate the bucket and arm.

I have a 279C 2004...
I have a 279C 2004 would not operate the bucket and arm
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: CAT0279CTMBT01102
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have not tried anything yet please advise where would be the best place to start
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was working the machine for couple hours and when I dump a load it just stop work
10/19/2017
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Are you getting any error or warning indicators flashing or if you have the digital display, are you getting any fault codes or through Cat ET if you have access??

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Flashing parking icons

Thanks for the update. Check all the fuses and relays. Also check the safety interlock switches and wiring/connector pins for damage that would lock out your functions if any were faulty or not engaged. Check the Safety/lap bar, seat, and door switch if equipped. Also check the park brake switch and circuit for problems. On the C series, there is a Single ECM all functions run through so beyond wiring and component checks, Cat ET diagnostic software on a laptop will be needed for more in depth troubleshooting and to pull fault codes if you do not have the optional digital screen. Let me know the results and if we need to dig deeper into this.

Dan, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Dan sorry for not being adle to rate but I am in the Virgin Islands which was hit by Hurricane Maria. I will check the equipment tomorrow and give you my best rating. Thanks again

Hi, Thanks for the update. Pleasure to help

Dan, Technician