Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

My 299 skid steer is has dirt in the fuel filter and keeps…

Customer Question
My 299 skid steer...

My 299 skid steer is has dirt in the fuel filter and keeps re occurring. How can i clean the tank out ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2014 Cat 299D Track skid steer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

S/N CAT0299DJGTC00393

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
10/19/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Sorry you are going through this frustrating issue. Usually what happens is the fuel truck removes the strainer or poke a hole in it so they can fill the tank quicker and the end result is what you are dealing with. Let me pull some info for you to help.

The best an most thorough way to clean this out is to remove the tank and clean it out with the plugs , and filler removed. You can have it pressure washed and flushed out. Click below for the parts breakdown showing the mounting brackets. anything less you may still be leaving contamination in the tank and dealing with a longer process of trying to get the contamination out.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 months ago

Hi, Did you get this resolved? Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 months ago

Hi Sal, I see this is still open, Please take the time to rate to close. I took the time to help you, please return the favor by rating my answer or responding for more help.

Dan, Technician