Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

My 210s jcb mini backhoe will not steer,repaired front axle

cylinder,before it was working fine,how...
My 210s jcb mini backhoe will not steer,repaired front axle cylinder,before it was working fine,how should i bleed out an air pocket,or what should i do,everything else works fine,steering is hard and will not steer
10/19/2017
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Go to the steering cylinder and loosen one line, then try to turn unit, if oil gushes out, turn it in opposite direction, to see if any air comes from cylinder port. Turn to the stop, and see if oil continues to come out the port, should stop, and be solid. If oil keeps coming out the port, the cylinder still has problem!

I see question is still open.??

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i found the issue,this jcb210s is a four wheel steer full time, the front cylinder was not moving at all,i found a valve that centers the alignment for both axles,we closed it and turned the wheel to both sides and opened it again and closed and repeated this and both axles started to sync and now it works as it should...this valve is on top next to radiator and following the hydraulic hoses it can be found.....what a week.....
Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician