Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I'm looking at used 953C crawler loaders. Two machines in

Customer Question
I'm looking at used 953C...
I'm looking at used 953C crawler loaders. Two machines in particular have 11,700hrs and one with 14,400hrs. They both have new undercarriages and paint. They look clean and engines sound good. Both have the 3126 six cylinder engine. I have reservations about the high hours on the engines. How long before these will need a complete overhaul?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
10/16/2017
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 1 month ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

they get a over haul at 12500 hours

I hope that helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Morning Just following up with you did my answer help you ?? Please remember to rate my answer or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time Wayne
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
pretty basic answer. I suppose I could have figured that 12500 out myself. I called a Cat equipment place and talked with one of their technicians about these high hour machines. He talked with me for over 15 minutes and didn't cost me a dime. Basically without an oil analysis with the machines life in both the engine and hydraulic system you are just taking a chance on when things may break at that high hour on engine and hydraulics.

HI

I am sorry that you feel that way, but

I answered what you asked, how long before a over haul

If you wanted more info you should have asked

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
not how I feel Wayne. Just the facts. No worries. Enjoy your day.

Hi

Ok so you do not need any more info from me ,

and I do not get the credit for the question

Wayne, Journeyman