Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I replaced my injectors in my C7. Each injector comes with a

CD to install trim code...
I replaced my injectors in my C7. Each injector comes with a CD to install trim code, I am not familiar with installing them, is there only one code on each disk? Thanks
10/14/2017
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

The disc contains thousands of files. You will need the serial number of the injector to match to the file that is flashed to the ECM for Trim calibration.

This requires a licensed version of CAT ET program with a CD drive to read the disc. NOTE, some older engines only use a Trim Code. Both still require CAT ET to install the code or file. The code can be a numeric code or alpha-number code depending on you engine serial number.

Sometimes the disc can be missing the actual file needed and you will need to contact the dealer for help. The file is free with each injector.

Two types of files exist, one group for new injectors and a different group for REMAN injectors. The injector you purchase will have the correct type of files on the disc. If you cannot find the file on the disc, you just need the serial number and have the dealer match it to the correct file.

It only causes an issue if you are looking for a new file serial number when you have a REMAN injector. The serial number are different and the numbers will look strange when installing them during the flash process.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would it be a problem if I don’t install them right away? Can it cause damage?

Only the latest engines derate in 100 hours if the files are not updated when new injectors are installed. The very first version had almost no impact on the engine. However, a C7 is new enough to suffer from some power loss if the files are not updated to the correct trim file.

It is designed to allow you to install them and then travel to the dealer for a trim file calibrations.

You will need to record the serial numbers, codes and locations of each injector or the dealer will need to remove the valve cover to view the numbers so they can match the correct file to each injector. A single missed letter or number can cause issues with the files and this too could require removing the valve cover again to verify the correct number. Some injector serial numbers are so hard to see, the injector may need removal to see the serial number/code. I often find a good angle and take pictures of each injector and then name each picture for each injector.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok Thank You

You're welcome.

If you need more help on this, please let me know.

Please remember to rate my answers to close this question.

Thanks for using JustAnswer/Pearl.

CATMASTERTECH

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician
catmastertech
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician