Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

I hav a cat 257B2. Engine won’t crank wen I turn the key to

Hi there. I hav a...
Hi there. I hav a cat 257B2. Engine won’t crank wen I turn the key to start position. But I can get the engine started if I got to the back where the starte motor and I jump those terminals start right up and runs normal. But the seat belt light and the parking light stay on. And I press thepark switch and the light stay on I can’t move the bucket and go forward or reverse. I was checking the seat belt switch and the seat. It looks normal.
10/12/2017
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Check your safety switches and wiring harness for problems. Lap bar, seat, and door switch if equipped. Also test all fuses for power on both sides with the IGN switch on and replace any fuses with power only on one side. Let me know the serial number if we need to dig deeper into this. I have some wiring diagrams if interested or if needed.

Let me know

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i already check all fuse ,, they look good,,

Click on this link

Troubleshooting

Test for power to the small S terminal on the starter solenoid while the switch is in the cranking position. If there is power ther but no cranking it is a failed starter solenoid but if there is no power there test for power in and out of the ignition switch in all positions and if okay, check the wiring harness and safety switches as well as the relays.

I posted an offer for file sharing for diagrams etc if we need to get into it that far. Check my other suggestions and let me know the results. We can follow up as needed.

Dan, Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok. I will do that tomorrow. Ty
Dan, Technician