Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have mustang mtl 16 that start and run for only 5 seconds.

I have mustang mtl...

I have mustang mtl 16 that start and run for only 5 seconds

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model mtl16 ser#21300441 year 2002 yammar motor #4tne98 tbl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes fuel shut off selanold and relay

10/11/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Does the fuel shutoff stay enggaed? It has to have voltage with the key on, on one terminal, which is the hold function. The start terminal is activated with starter, but it drops out as soon as the starter is released. The the hold function has to take over.

Slip solenoid back and see if engine continues to run.

The soleniod is working and it will stay running if I pull the fuse fot the solenoid but as soon as I fuse back in it shut down

Ok, so the solenoid is shutting down the engine, but maybe from a sensor on engine. Check the oil pressure sensor for engine and hydraulics.

It has a 1 wire oil sensor and I can't find hyd sensorIt has a 1 wire oil sensor and I can't find an hyd sensor

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Phone call session started