Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and Road Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Construction and Road Equipment

Have cat 303.5D ran out of fuel,won't start. Do I need to…

Have cat 303.5D ran out...
Have cat 303.5D ran out of fuel,won't start. Do I need to bleed the lines
10/10/2017
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. Yes if the system and filters were run dry you need to prime the fuel system and bleed it of air for it to start.

Hi Dan my name is ***** ***** looks like one of the guys ran the machine and a Full tank and he tried to prime it I appreciate your assistance from here
Sorry I meant to say ran the tank dry there after he did fill it and tried to prime it it won't start so I believe there's air in the lines
Will you be able to guide me through this

Of course I can Chris. Click on this link below for the instructions to bleed and service the fuel system.

Fuel system service and bleed procedure

Pleasure to help

Dan, Technician

There should be three pages. Please take a moment to rate as that is how the site credits my time helping on the site or let me know if you need more help. 5 star and bonuses are always greatly appreciated.

I will do

Pleasure to help

Hi, Did you get this resolved?

Dan, Technician