Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 2008 Volvo EC 210 just got the error code signal…

Customer Question
I have a 2008 Volvo...
I have a 2008 Volvo EC 210 just got the error code signal pattern failure I did look at the sensors on the selector switch to righ (the pattern I use) the LED is on with an orange LED. functionality has not changed everything still works what to check next ?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/4/2017
Mechanic: dieseldan55, Mechanic replied 10 months ago
dieseldan55
dieseldan55, Mechanic

hi, I would recommend changing the sensor as that is most likely the cause and what I have done in the past.

I've sent you the info on checking the wiring but in the past almost always has been either the sensors, or connector corroded. ALso have had a couple of display be bad as well. Sensor is the cheapest option to try.

In cab display was replaced about a year ago so assume still good. Do you know if the sensors can be swapped. If the one that is the position I use is bad can I swap it with the other one for a temporary fix?
Functionality is not affected. Do you see any issues in operating with warning light on while parts are on order?
On my first question I'll assume no. I did switch the selector switch to the other control pattern and still received the warning so I assume the computer is monitoring both switches? one on one off not just one on.

Sorry I replied this am but it didn't post. So yes it does monitor both sensor and could be one of them bad, I would still order two just in case. Its okay to use the machine and try to put in service mode to clear the code. That way you can see the gauges while running. If you need to know that procedure let me know.

I Order parts today. I can hit escape to kill the noise, how do I put in service mode

use the select button on the keypad and scroll to service. press and hold select button for 10 seconds and display will go to service mode offering another level of access to readings. do it quickly so you can beat the code. Sometimes the code will not allow access but worth a try.

Got it, thanks

your welcome