Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Kobelco SK35SR-5 excavator fitted with a Hitachi…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Hi, Mechanic's...

Second opinion] Hi,

Mechanic's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

I have a Kobelco SK35SR-5 excavator fitted with a Hitachi S114-883 starter motor, which has 4,000 hrs. Motor started perfectly 1st turn of key every time. Yesterday would not start, only solenoid click noise, this reduced in intensity after a few turns.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Please see earlier note, I have finally been able to remove starter, gears in good order. I assume that starter needs overhaul or replacement. Also maybe solenoid. I would like your professional diagnoses please. Regards ***** *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Am I on the right track?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
10/3/2017
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 10 months ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

Thank you for asking for me

Yes I suggest to replace the starter and solenoid comes with it

also clean and sand all your ground wires on frame,starter and battery

I hope this helps you

Hi. If this helped you

Please rate my answer 4 or more stars.

That is the only way I get credit for the question

or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time.

If you need more info use the REPLY button

Not the Poor/Bad service.

Morning Just following up with you did my answer help you ?? Please remember to rate my answer or the money you paid stays at JA and I get nothing for my time Wayne