Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

JD 6675 won't start error code 003 displayed. No panel

JD 6675 won't start...

JD 6675 won't start error code 003 displayed. No panel lights when one sits on seat but panel lights come on when key is switched to on. Clicking sound when key is turned to start. Connections and battery seem good. Fuses are ok. How to diagnose? Thanks *****: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

6675 skid steer M06675X025008

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Put jumper wire on seat sensor, no change

Answered in 1 hour by:
9/28/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 5 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Do you have a voltmeter to test battery voltage before key is turned to start and when key is turned to start? You say it clicks when key is turned to start, can you tell where click comes from?

Voltage at battery is 12.4 with key on or off. Panel lights up when in seat with key off and switch in run. Error code 02 displayed .
Fuel pump runs , relay clicks when key turned to start and there is slight bump felt on starter solenoid when hand is on the solenoid. Machine has had long time error 02 and would shut down in run after a few minutes but would clear after start in service and connect seat belt. I believe that is hyd oil filter condition sensor.

Does battery voltage drop when you turn key to start? And ,yes, the error 2 is charge pressure switch, and is at the hydraulic filter housing in most cases,

The voltage does not drop when the key is turned to start

So there is no voltage getting to the starter. Follow the positive battery cable to the starter relay, and see if it is closing with the key. The click may be the relay not closing, Relay has to close to energize the starter.

Curtis---The relay is closing. There is voltage on a wht/red wire to starter when key is turned. There is some chatter on the starter when the key is turned . The voltage however does drop to 9.5 volts when key is turned. Was incorrect before with no voltage drop.

?? Starter is bad??

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician