Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Where can I find a drawing with precise sizes of a z-bar on…

Customer Question
Where can I find...

Where can I find a drawing with precise sizes of a z-bar on a CAT 950H?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

950H JAD1987

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

We've had pins and bushes made on the entire bucket, linkage and Z-bar. The bushes were pretty worn on the Z-bar and line bore were required. When we fitted the new bushes and pins it worn out within 15hrs. I suspect they moved the center of the bushes on the Z-bar. Does it make sense?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's about it thanks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
I really need the drawings as we have engineers also working on the problem at the moment.
9/28/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, my name is***** will be glad to try to help. What materials are you using for these fabricated bushings? Is there any reason why you do not just buy the bushings from Cat? Their engineers have already designed this machine and have done all the research. I was field service for Cat and never had this problem. Are both links line bored exactly the same? Do you have both new pins and bushings? I recommend using OEM and be done with this problem

Cat does not release their proprietary blueprinted material. Verify if both links were machined identical if put side to side and matched up. Let me know

We've used the same engeneering shop for over 15 years now without any problem. Like I said I'm in need of the drawings. I will contact my friend at Barlows product support next week when he returns home. Sorry