Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have 2 2013 ZX 135-5 Hitachi Excavators and need to set…

Customer Question
I have 2 2013...
I have 2 2013 ZX 135-5 Hitachi Excavators and need to set relief pressure down to 2200 lbs for Hydraulic thumbs dealer says they can't do it because they came from Europe and are grey market machines.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/28/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** be glad to try to help. Grey market does pose an issue. So many people get into this grey market problem to save money up front but sometimes get stuck in a mess when the machine goes down or needs parts/service. Dr ZX diagnostic tool can be purchased and should read world wide. There is a palm version or laptop version that can be purchased off the web. I recommend purchasing this since you have two of these machines. click this link for one option

DR ZX

The problem is since not the US version software, Only dealers in the country of origin have the capabilities to reflash or reprogram any software issues or updates. This is where you will run into problems.