Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have 214 series 3 backhoe.After sitting for a peorid of…

Customer Question
I have 214 series...

I have 214 series 3 backhoe.After sitting for a peorid of time, it would back but would not go forward. then it would all of a sudden start working again.crossed the wires on the solenoids and it would go forward fine. then it stopped working forward or reverse. Had a couple mechanics look at it but they couldn"t figure it out

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Do not have that as i'm not near the machine. 2004 214 series 3

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

There are no dealers or anyone close to Clarkesville Ga. that knows any thing about JCB.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/27/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Use a voltmeter to see if you are getting battery voltage to the f/r solenoids. No voltage to the solenoids, look for blown fuses. The f/r lever in the cab has to send the voltage to the solenoid selected. Get power back to the solenoids then check the solenoid coils. f coils are good, swap the fr solenoid valves. You have a bad coil or valve on forward.

I see question is still open.??