Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a jd 410g backhoe. the power has been on and off for…

Customer Question
I have a jd...

I have a jd 410g backhoe. the hoe power has been on and off for several weeks. we jerk the seat around and it comes back on. yesterday it didn't matter what we did it the hoe would not work. today we purchase the seat switches and installed them both. no difference. the engine runs fine so after installing the switches today I check and found we had no wipers, no lights, and no boaster seat pump along with no hoe working,

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Its a john deere 410g purchase new in 2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I thinking it might be the ignition switch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yea the a/c fan doesn't work either...

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/26/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** will be glad to help. Test power in and out of the IGN switch in all positions while wiggling the key in the switch to see if there are poor contacts or problems with the switch i continuity tests fail indicating a failed switch. Test the wiring harness for continuity and inspect for damaged wiring or connector pins. Let me know

You can use a volt/OHM meter or test light for this