Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a komatsu question. what is the cost to ask? How do I…

Customer Question
I have a komatsu...

I have a komatsu question. what is the cost to ask?

Mechanic's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Heavy Equipment Mechanic's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

How do I relaease the grease

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Mid 90s PC28UU-2. Serial number 7916. How do I release the grease pressure to retract the idler so I can replace the track.. There are 2 bolts arranged vertically behind the grease fitting. do I loosen one of them or the grease fitting?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/26/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Remove the grease fitting and then loosen the two bolts, The bolts hold the adjustment,

I see question is still open?