Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

How do i remove the rear pin on the lift cylinder, DK serial…

Customer Question
How do i remove...

How do i remove the rear pin on the lift cylinder

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

DK serial 753 bobcat wheel loader

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, nothing so far rear pin looks hard to access and knockout from the rear

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am taking the cylinder off for rebuild so any other help would be great

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Go ahead and tell me how to remove the whole cylinder. how do I access the rear hydraulic line as well for the cylinder
its a 90' model
9/24/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 8 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

ok
just type it to me so I can have it on hand

Can you raise the boom and use the boom lock to hold up the boom? That gives you the access you need to remove the hoses, then the bolt and washer , that pulls the tapered pin in place is removed, and the pin is hit solidly , to break it loose from the taper You hit it in the opposite direction that the bolt pulls it.

i cant hit the rear pin from the other side as it is blocked by the machine body
i can raise the boom but I am removing cylinder so the block arm only works with cilynder in place

Boom lock is made for removing the cylinder.?

the boom lock drops down on locks onto the cylinder. How is boom locked if cylinder removed?
i ca raise the bucket and block it enough to get some slack in the cylinder travel. How do I get to the back side of the rear pin to knock it out?

OK> Wrong type of lock. So you can't use the boom lock, bad design! Us a bolt and washer through the pin , to pull the pin out to the outside.

Nope want work either here is a picture of the pin I am talking about

attach picture

So it has to be pulled with slide hammer or pushed out from the back side

it does not look tapered
it has to be pushed from backside I assume and there is no access
have you worked on this model before?

No, worked on much newer model.

i guess that means you don't know how to get it out or remove the cylinder?

Its just a pinned cylinder, all work the same.

ok, then how do i access the rear to drive it out?

I will opt out and let someone else help.

Curtis B.
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician