Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

MY 305 WONT SHUT OFF WITH THE KEY. JO3094. I REPLACE THE…

Customer Question
MY 305 WONT SHUT...

MY 305 WONT SHUT OFF WITH THE KEY

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

JO3094

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

YES

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

I REPLACE THE SWITCH AN A FUSE I CAN PULL THE GABLE AND IT WILL SHUT OFF

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/22/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** is the make of the equipment you are working on and the engine make and model?

305 what?

305cr
Its a excavator by cat

Thanks for the confirmation. I can help with that... Let me see what I have for a diagram on this one

There is a start switch update on this model I found. The elec I have provided should be the same as your 305 as well. Let me know

Troubleshooting

Recheck the part numbers and the wiring to this update.