Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 2006 gehl 153 excavator that the hydraulic boom &

I have a 2006...

I have a 2006 gehl 153 excavator that the hydraulic boom & tracks want move ? we've checked the control lever settings, fuses, and the tracks will move in and out and the backfill blade will raise ,but nothing else will move . any suggestions . thanks ,Mike

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Hopefully i can get a answer to why this happened. The machine is 100 miles away from the shop on a job site

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the construction mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ok THat's all

9/22/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** is your machine serial number?

Check inside the hydraulic filter for fine metal/debris that would indicate a pump or component failure occurring. It will look like metallic glitter in the oil and filter. Let me know the results and the serial number and we can follow up as needed on here.

Ok I have to go back to the job site on Saturday to try and retrieve it. Had our shop mechanic go today to check it out , he checked the things in my question also cleaned a screen filter that runs under the main frame to the hydraulics. Would low hydraulic fluid levels cause this ? here's the s/n # AF00794

You would hear a pump whine if that low and pump damage could occur rapidly if ran that low on oil.

Dan, Technician