Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Transmission stays in forward even in netural when put in…

Customer Question
transmission stays in forward even...
transmission stays in forward even in netural when put in reverse it stays stopped but if you give acceleration it will start to move in reverse but its at a strain and while in reverse if you push brake pedal down to put transmission in netural it will go forward. Have already changed valve body. do you have an ideal what could be
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/21/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Make and model? The forward clutch has failed and does not release. SO you have no neutral, and trys to go in both gears when in reverse.

Yale forklift, serial# ***** model E177B13270T yes, in reverse seems to be in both gears

Yes, forward clutch is not releasing, and likley needs t be rebuilt, I worked for Yale dealer and have seen this before.

I see question is still open.??