Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Komatsu PC200-5 Excavator: after market battery relay

Customer Question
Komatsu PC200-5 Excavator: after...

Komatsu PC200-5 Excavator: after market battery relay replacement: "New STAR" 24volt: Item# ***** What does the external black wire do? That wire was not on the original relay.

Mechanic's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Washington State

Mechanic's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. I Have purchased the new battery relay on line After market.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I thought i was talking to a heavy equipment mechanic.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/21/2017
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 10 months ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

It is used a a ground wire, when the relay is used where there was a three terminal relay, it would attach to one of the small terminals to complete the ground circuit, one a four wire relay, the second small wire ground is completed through the safety circuit. You don't need it ,just remove it.

I see question is still open.??