Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

How do you change sprockets on a 125g dresser front end

Customer Question
How do you change...

How do you change sprockets on a 125g dresser front end loader

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Numnbers wore off cannot see them

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes but just recieved the parts

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

How to find the master link in the track

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/20/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What is your serial number?

The master is usually found with a dot or index mark in the center of the pin. Depending on the UC brand there may not be one and you can press any pin out you choose.

Raise/support machine off the ground for track chain to clear for sprocket removal. Release track adjuster tension . Remove 3-4 track pads to access pin you are pressing. Using track press, press pin out and remove track from sprocket, unbolt and remove and replace sprocket, Reinstall track and track pin. Replace track pad bolts removed with new hardware. Adjust track tension with grease.Let me know if you need more help