Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have a Cat 226 it want start replaced the safety switch on…

Customer Question
Have a Cat 226...

Have a Cat 226 it want start replaced the safety switch on the pull down bar and it worked for a little while now doing the same thing nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I don't know right off hand its not here its at the shop

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/19/2017
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is***** will be glad to help. What is the serial number of your machine? Are you getting any indicators flashing?

SN 5FZ07355 NO Flashing

Will the starter crank over but it just wont start or will the starter not engage at all? Check all fuses and relays to start and the safety switches and wiring harness as it seems you have. Be sure to test with a test meter

System Operation Description:

A fuse is blown out or the circuit breaker is tripped as a result of an overloaded circuit. For example, the +battery connection is shorted to ground. If the fuse is blown out or the circuit breaker is tripped on a supply circuit for the ECM, no diagnostic code will be recorded. A power supply circuit that has failed will cause a diagnostic code of CID 0248 FMI 09 to be logged for MID 027.

Test Step 1. CHECK THE FUSES/CIRCUIT BREAKER

Whenever the machine's electronic components fail to function and no diagnostic code is available, check the appropriate fuses/circuit breaker for that component.

1. Check all fuses and circuit breakers.

Expected Result:

All fuses and circuit breakers are correct.

Results:

• YES - All fuses and circuit breakers are correct. Exit this procedure and repeat this procedure. Stop.

• NO - All fuses and circuit breakers are not correct.

Repair: Replace the blown fuse or reset the circuit breaker.

Stop.

Click this link for a diagram to help.

Troubleshooting